Over-Stretched Skin Results in Stretch Marks
Although our skin is actually very elastic over-stretching of it may lead to stretch marks. Times of most risk are when the body goes through rapid change – we’re talking about pregnancy, puberty, or other circumstances that result in rapid body changes. [Trust me, diets and weight regain is as bad as anything else!] When skin is overstretched the production of collagen gets affected which leads to stretch marks in many areas of our body like stomach, thighs, hands, breasts, hips, legs and buttocks. Often badly marked can be the under part of your arms on the inside, near the arm pits. Even though the stretch marks appear on the outside, the stretching and damage occurs in lower skin layers.
The lower layer of the skin which provides it strength and elasticity tend to get thinner and uneven. As the skin is very transparent the blood vessels can be easily seen. These stretch marks usually disappear after period of time, but that too can stretch depending upon the marks you have.
Stretch mark starts developing to pregnant women on the abdomen during the second half of the pregnancy. The skin stretches to accommodate a growing baby. Women who have weaker collagen tend to get more stretch marks than the others and may take even more time to heal.
Sometimes the skin colour plays a part too. According to the skin colour the mark may begin as a pink, reddish, brown, or dark brown colour. These reddish-brown marks fade gradually with passage of time which later on looks like shining silver lines.
Here Are Some Remedial Measures for Stretch Marks
- Using a commercial cream is probably the nuclear option, although most likely to give you best results is scarring is bad. TriLastin is my personal favourite – you can check it out here.
- Moisturisers are very good and Amazon (for example) has an extensive range of appropriate products such as cocoa butter, etc.. Cocoa butter creams are said to do wonders to your skin as it softens scars
- Homemade Recipes can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, e.g. applying olive oil and Vitamin E oil can help in getting rid of the stretch marks. Another recipe is a mixture of 1/2 cup virgin oil, 1/4 cup aloe Vera gel including liquid of 6 Vitamin E capsules and liquid from 4 Vitamin A capsules mix then together and store it in the fridge to be applied daily
- If you are prone to stretch marks try changing your diet ! A healthy diet which has plenty of protein and is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E, can help tissue growth and regeneration.
- Check out some of the literature on the net for ideas, but be wary of the source. Some websites are excellent, and there are some really good ebook etc. such as How To Get Rid Of Ugly Stretch Marks which is one of the best selling books on the topic on Clickbank, Or there are over 500 books on the topic on Amazon, many of which
|Bio Oil is also one of the few treatments that can correctly claim to reduce the visibility of scars and stretch marks that do occur. Whilst it will not rid you of them altogether, it can make them less obvious. This is due to its Vitamin E content.
DRY SKIN MAY CAUSE STRETCH MARKS!
Bio Oil is also one of the few treatments that can correctly claim to reduce the visibility of scars and stretch marks that do occur. Whilst it will not rid you of them altogether, it can make them less obvious. This is due to its Vitamin E content.
Losing Weight Helps Lose Stretch Marks.: Women who have given birth recently will usually find that the best remedy for minimising stretch marks on legs, stomach and buttocks is to lose any extra weight that they put on during their pregnancy. This could be done simply by consumption of a healthy diet that is low in calories and taking part in a routine physical exercise program. People who have stretch marks by reason of their obesity can also follow these recommendations.
Amazon stocks ScarAWay
ScarAway Professional Grade Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets – Full Dr. Recommended 12 Week Supply 12 Multi-Use Patches with Free Storage Case Included
ScarAway™ helps restore raised and discolored scars to a more natural color and texture, using the same technology trusted by burn centers and plastic surgeons. Using ScarAway on newly healed wounds helps prevent the formation of unsightly scars. Even scars that are years old from burns, surgical procedures and injuries show significant improvement with ScarAway. Previously available only to medical professionals. Now available to you. Made from a patented material that provides a unique combination of breath ability, flexibility, wash ability and adhesiveness, with a silky fabric backing for optimal convenience and comfort, even under clothing! Scar Away comes with 12 reusable 1.5″ X 3″ silicone scar management sheets. The easy-to-apply self-adhesive sheets can be cut to fit the size of the scar, or worn side-by-side for larger scars. Patented Silon® sheets mimic the natural barrier function of normal, healthy skin, increasing hydration, working to soften scar tissue, reducing it’s development and causing it to fade away. So comfortable, you’ll forget you’re wearing it! ScarAway is the only product to provide the full, recommended 12-week supply of scar sheets in one box. **Why do all silicone scar sheets “compare” themselves to Neosporin® Scar Solution™?** Pfizer held the license to manufacture Scar Solution using Silon® technology for several years. When Johnson & Johnson purchased Pfizer, Inc. in 2006 it was decided to not continue the product. However, demand continued and in 2008, Bio-Med Sciences entered into agreements with Mitchell-Vance Laboratories which now offers ScarAway. Scar Away has larger sheets and significantly improved quality and adhesion.
List Price: $ 34.99
Check for current prices……